The induction hob enhances the character of both classic and modern interiors and ensures safer cooking. Aesthetics and functionality influence the popularity of induction hobs, which is why we choose them more and more carefully when furnishing the kitchen. On the market you can find induction cookers from many manufacturers, differing in parameters, functions and price. What should be considered when choosing? How to customize the equipment for our needs? What costs should we consider when choosing an induction cooker? Below we will try to give some tips and information that can be invaluable when buying it.
Induction cooker — principle of operation
The induction hob is very popular not only because of its modern design, but above all because of its practicality. Unlike other types of hobs, only the bottom of the pan is heated, not the entire surface. This ensures more efficient and economical cooking. How was this effect achieved? The induction cooker uses a rapidly changing magnetic field, which is generated by coils located under the top of the equipment. Therefore, the use of an induction cooker requires the purchase of pans made of ferromagnetic materials, which ensure the correct operation of the device.
Advantages and disadvantages of the induction cooker
There are many benefits to using induction cooktops. What are their biggest benefits:
- — safe use — due to the fact that the hob heats up only under the dishes, the risk of possible burns is reduced;
- — Efficiency — they heat up much faster than other types of stoves, and consume less energy;
- — health aspects — thanks to quick cooking, vitamins and other valuable nutrients are preserved in the products;
- — hygiene — induction cookers have a smooth surface that is easy to keep clean;
- — ease of use — many models are distinguished by intuitive controls that even older people can handle;
- — effective appearance — elegant appearance of boards is in harmony with the interiors issued in various styles.
The induction cooker also has a number of disadvantages. These include:
- — failure rate — this mainly concerns cheap disks. Faults are usually easy to fix because the display shows an error code;
- — additional costs — if we want to use an induction cooker, it is necessary to buy ferromagnetic pans. To clean the plate, use special preparations designed for this type of equipment, which also requires additional costs;
- — not for everyone — due to the magnetic field generated by the induction hob, it is not recommended for people with a pacemaker or hearing aids, as this may interfere with the operation of the devices.
Buying an induction hob definitely brings more benefits. If we do not have health problems, it is worth investing in this equipment because it is energy efficient and makes it easier to work in the kitchen. By choosing proven products and reading opinions and reviews about them, you will surely be able to find the right device.
What parameters should you pay attention to?
Induction cookers on the market differ from each other in the number of burners, dimensions, functions and controls. Before buying, you should think about how much space you can allocate for new equipment and how often you have to cook. There is no universal purchase that would meet the expectations of every person, the choice is dictated by our needs and preferences. What exactly should you pay attention to when buying an induction cooker?
Decide on plate size
The most commonly chosen board size is 60 x 58 cm. Of course, wider and longer models are available, as well as more compact solutions. The choice depends primarily on the needs and number of family members. A large induction cooker up to 89 centimeters wide will be a much better choice for a family with children who eat at home.
Pay attention to burners
Induction hobs differ from each other in the number and shape of burners. They can be square, oval or round. There are plates with the simplest single fields that require the use of a pan of a certain diameter, as well as double or triple expanding ones. Such solutions allow you to cook in pans of two or three diameters. There are also models with a non-standard shape that allows you to cook in larger oval and rectangular vessels.
Considering the number of burners, induction cookers with two to six burners are available on the market. The smallest appliances are equipped with two heating zones and are especially suitable for one or two people. An induction hob with at least four burners is the best choice for large families. Many manufacturers also offer plates without separate zones, which allows you to place dishes anywhere.
Consider which control to choose
There are both models with the simplest knobs and sliders, and with an LCD display. More expensive devices use touch controls. Regardless of the choice of control, manufacturers are trying to simplify the work with it, and to make the use of the hob itself as simple as possible.
Check Power Requirements
Power supply is an extremely important issue that should be checked before buying. Many manufacturers offer equipment that connects to a standard single-phase 220V meter. However, some induction cookers require a three-phase meter, that is, with a voltage of 380V. If the house or building in which we live does not have a 380V installation, it is worth considering equipment with less power.
Induction hob — what features does it have?
A good induction cooker helps you cook every day and makes cooking easier. In the equipment available on the market, we can find many interesting solutions. What features do induction hobs most often have?
- 1. Booster / Power / Power Boost — this function allows you to speed up cooking by half and consists in heating the dish with energy that is not available with normal settings.
- 2. Auto-stop — in case of overheating of the pan or boiling over, the equipment automatically turns off.
- 3. Flexi Cook / Bridge — the function allows you to combine two adjacent fields into one larger one, for example, when cooking in a large pot or on a roasting pan.
- 4. Timer — The timer function allows you to automatically set the working time in the field, after which the hob turns off.
- 5. Interlock — prevents accidental activation of the equipment, for example by children or during cleaning.
- 6. Cookware size detection — induction cookers are equipped with special sensors that determine the size of the cookware and adjust the energy according to its diameter.
- 7. ReStart / Memory — this function allows you to save the selected settings during cooking and use them when preparing subsequent dishes.
- 8. Residual heat indicator — the indicator shows if the stove is hot.
- 9. Pan presence sensor — the heating plate turns on automatically when the pan is placed and turns off when it is turned off.
When choosing an induction cooker, you should pay attention to many aspects. One of them is definitely the price. However, usually buying a good induction cooker comes with a higher cost. More expensive equipment typically uses higher quality materials, which ultimately results in lower equipment failure rates. It is also worth considering what functions can be useful in the kitchen.
Families with children should pay attention to safety devices that will ensure the safety of the smallest family members. Another thing to consider is how many heating zones we will use daily. If we mainly eat outside and the plate is only for occasional reheating of food, then a device with two burners will be a good solution. This choice will save energy, space and money.
Before making a decision, it is also worth reading the opinions of users about the product, get acquainted with the ratings and tests of a particular device. Thanks to this, you will get reliable equipment, fully adapted to our needs and expectations.