Raising a football player is not easy, you need a uniform, boots and of course ball for training. Its purchase should be approached carefully, as it must be durable and of high quality. For whomever it is purchased: a child, the whole team or adults, the main criteria remain unchanged. How to choose a soccer ballso that it has a reliable coating and lasts a long time?
Depending on the level of skills and intensity of application, the following categories are distinguished:
- Professional balls. They imply a high level of skill. Suitable for use in all weather conditions, as well as on different surfaces.
- Match items. They are considered the most durable among other types. They have good grip on the field during games.
- Training soccer balls. They are used most often, have a water-repellent coating and good durability. An indispensable option for yard football, such ball every boy should have.
- For futsal. They have a smaller radius and lower rebound, unlike standard products.
Ball sizes and weights
When choosing products, it is necessary to take into account the age of the child. They are divided according to this parameter into the following categories:
- Up to 8 years. The weight of the ball is from 311 to 340 grams, the circumference is from 57 to 60 cm.
- 8-12 years old. Soccer ball should weigh 340-368 grams, circumference — 62.5-65 cm (4 size).
- Over 12 years old. Product weighing from 396 to 453 g, circumference from 67.5 to 70 cm (size 5).
The material of the outer layer of the product is of great importance, the strength of the ball depends on its quality. There are such coating options:
- PVC (polyvinyl chloride). It is used for the manufacture of inexpensive products. The material is similar to plastic to the touch and has its properties; in the cold season it is difficult to control it.
- PU (polyurethane). The quality of the material is similar to genuine leather. Differs in reliability, durability and a fortress. The more expensive ballthe better the PU is used.
It is located between the camera and the surface of the product and is of great importance. The elasticity of a soccer ball, weight and sphericity depend on it. The use of several layers consisting of non-woven material, fabric and foam makes the ball of poor quality. The first two components make the product soft, which allows it to absorb and retain moisture. This changes the weight of the ball and affects its balance.
The cushioning layer must be made of non-woven materials only. For example, cotton that has been pre-treated with polyurethane resin to make it water-repellent.
Gives the shape of the soccer ball and keeps the air inside the product. Made from the following materials:
- latex. Products are more sensitive and soft. Professionals prefer such balls, as they have a stable flight path. The disadvantages include the porosity of the material, and therefore constant pumping.
- Butyl. They hold air well, are less sensitive, but they do not need to be pumped up often.
It is also worth paying attention to how soccer ball. The number of panels per product indicates its aerodynamics. The most popular balls with 32, 26 and 18 panels.
Thank you for visiting the site, I hope you found the information you need!
Please leave your feedback on the article, as well as share tips, how to choose the right soccer ball!